There are two types of institutions of higher education in Germany

Universities and Colleges (“Hochschulen”)
Studies at colleges and universities are academically oriented. Usually a wide range of different courses will be offered. However, some colleges and universities focus on specific fields, for example, on technical studies. In Germany you can only receive a PhD from a university ,or hochschule.

Universities of Applied Sciences (“Fachhochschulen”)
Schools of Applied Sciences are typically specialized in certain subject areas. They offer a practice-oriented course of study in the sciences. The training is based on professional requirements. Internships and a working semester are an important part of the course of study. You cannot receive a PhD from a fachhochschule.

With the BWK Studienkolleg T-Course you can just apply for both types of Institutions.

This website uses cookies and third party services. Ok